Thursday, March 19, 2015

editing exercise


  1. As I'm scurrying around the house, I'm gathering things that I will need for my perfect day in the sun.
  2. Up ahead I saw a long vast line of people standing on the side of the road, and as I got closer to the scene I got curious; I slowed my car and hopped out.
  3. As the buildings fly by us, my father starts to swerve back and forth on the deserted roadway, and I realize just how drunk he is.
  4. She has an old rusted shopping cart with her, it was where she put the little bit of food that she had. The rats were crawling all over it trying to get the leftovers.
  5. I tumble over my feet as I walk through the great city. My mind raced as I was replaying what happened tonight.
  6. ...but he's shaking more violently than Debra and me.
  7. As we are walking people are starting to shovel off their steps and snow blow their driveways.
  8. All of those absurd little moment are the ones I have come the treasure the most.
  9. Looking at the collar to discover who's dog this was, I saw the ring.
  10. Was I going to decay slowly like the others, or would I be shot down by one of the enemy’s bullets?
  11. Without looking, I know I look like a train wreck, Not going to lie. My hair, which I used to take much pride in, has become too long, thin, and feeble; not to mention my developing beard is now turning messy and scraggly...
  12. All of a sudden, Katy Perry's hit song “Teenage Dream” started playing. It was my time to shine.
  13. He always had an optimistic view on life. He thought today would be different. He would put the bottle down as promised, but promises go broken.
  14. I haul myself out of bed and make my way down stairs to the kitchen. My tired eyes are still adjusting, but I can see and hear my mother by the telephone talking to someone loudly.
  15. I run the few feet over to my neighbour's house. As best as I possibly can, I choke out what has happened, and they are in shock. They quickly call 911 and explain what has happened.
  16. ...somehow I traded my soft, satin and silky bed sheets to hard, slowly decaying blocks of concrete. I had officially hit rock bottom.
  17. Roofs are caved in every where, and every home is destroyed, why Gafilo why?
  18. As the rest of my choir and I waited on the side of the stage in our black suede tracksuits.
  19. My mind entered overdrive. I couldn't beat this guy with the state that my car was in, but I also never turned down a race. I needed to win. 
  20. Then she led him into a room, where paint brushes were lying everywhere and where many colour palettes waited to be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment